Saturday 12 May 2012

Pastel Overload: Outfit Post

Hey Lovelies!

I have been loving the recent pastel additions to the high street, they are a nice welcome after a winter full of dark colours such as maroon and mustard! I have been loving the whole pastel jean and blazer trend and may of added a sneaky couple of additions to my wardrobe.. whoopsy. I thought I'd show you how I've been colour blocking lately and how you can do it without breaking the bank.

There are so many pastel items on the high street at the moment that you will not be stuck for choice. I've been finding Primark brilliant for coloured blazers and ASOS and Zara for coloured jeans that even fit shorties like me! I picked up a neon pink pair of jeans from ASOS which at first made me think 'oh my, I will never wear those!' But now after a few wears I am now in love with them and always trying to think of new ways to style them! I've been loving pairing a very simple top with these jeans, my lace black Zara top has been the item of choice at the moment. But I also went out and bought a simple white t shirt from H&M and took inspiration from Frankie Sandford (link to pictures) who shows how you can wear white and pastels and not look like an ice cream. I've also been loving my pastel blazers, especially my mint green/aqua one from Primark which was a steal at £15.00 and brightens up any outfit! For a real colour popping look I've paired my blazer with my jeans. Definitely a look that will make you stand out but perfect for sunny days which aren't quite warm enough to wap the shorts out!

Blazer: Primark
Top: Zara
Jeans: ASOS

I may of also bought another coloured pair of jeans this week (uh oh) so look out for them being debuted soon! I never thought I'd be a fan of such colour in my wardrobe, but I'm really enjoying ditching the black and injecting some brightness into my wardrobe! How have you been prepping your wardrobe for summer? Any other ways what I can style my pink jeans with?

2 comments: